Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Ugh...

It seems we are returning to Yokosuka. The Commander's orders have arrived. I give three guesses as to what ship.

I do not dislike Yokosuka. It is a lovely base that has much to keep one occupied. There are worse places I could live. In honesty, I wish for the Navy to allow me to discover such places for myself.

The housing is adequate though I hope to find a house somewhere closer to base so I do not find the need to live in base housing. It took much effort to avoid the drama of it. In a house off of base I can entertain who I wish with no fear of becoming the object of said drama. To be sure, I entertained who I wished while living in base housing the last time but there were whispers. The curious thing is, this drama did not occur in Florida so I must consider it only a local problem for Yokosuka. There is always the chance it no longer a concern. It is doubtful the same people will be there in any case.

I believe I will travel more this time. There were many places I did not see because I chose to work and survive a pregnancy. I would very much like to go to Sapporo in winter or a become a denizen often seen in the Ginza.

I do not wish a return to Japan. Since it is a certainty that I must go where I do not wish, the only thing that remains for me to do is focus on positives and prepare.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry that you don't want to go back. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should start now and plan for the next time this happens. "Where will Mei be next?" could also become a fun game.

    ReplyDelete