Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Bleh...

There are indications of the Commander's next assignment. It is this time I hope he is incorrect in his deductions. To be sure, he will be happy whatever the assignment, providing it is a return to sea. He has made his wishes known to his detailer and contacts him regularly.

It is not the move that I dread. The anticipation of a new place and new people excites me. It is the return to an old place I dread. Yokosuka was a pleasant place and I am sure there are worse places to be but I do not wish to return there so soon. In truth, I prefer a direction opposite of the Pacific. One that does not involve leaving this country.

It does not seem that will be reality. Two ship names repeatedly surface in conversation. One is a return to Japan. The other is in Hawaii. We are to discover the new assignment this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment