How could this not be an appropriate costume costume in consideration of the storm we have experienced? lol
I chose to be an actress of Chinese drama. They are much the same as a soap opera here. The commander decided he would be a Navy man... that is away... again. Still, it was an enjoyable evening to be out. My favorite dinner partner and I decided a restaurant was in order so we ate at House of Chong.At the beginning, Chao lei was not fond of delaying our return home. There was the bucket of candy to be considered. Fortunately, it did not require much encouragement from me for him to eat his dinner first. It was enough to remind him of the few pieces of candy he thought I had not seen him eat and threaten to put away the remainder for a few days.
I do have a thought of some things of the evening. First, let it be known I do not begrudge an adult time to enjoy fun on Halloween. Even adults require fun and relaxation. My complaint(?) is of adults behaving as adults in an environment meant for children. If an adult prefers to be near naked, that is their choice. If that adult desires to act out in a sexually suggestive manner (think of simulated sex), that is when I am less tolerant.
We do not hide anything from Chao lei. If there is a question, we answer as openly as possible at a level he is able to understand. Adults that behave in inappropriate manners, as the couple we witnessed last night, force me to have conversations that I do not wish to have yet. For the moment, Chao lei is satisfied that it was just adults playing an adult game and that no, he cannot play it because he is not an adult. What if he repeats the behavior with another child in his class? How am I to answer the teacher for that?
As I have said, adults can have their fun and act in such ways if they wish. My complaint is when they do so with an inappropriate audience.


No comments:
Post a Comment