Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

All About Soup

For those who came thinking they would find good soup recipes I apologize. I do have a few but they are not the reason for this blog.

I have changed the name to more accurately describe who I am now. My friend Kat put it well when she said I am a mixture of things. I am no longer that girl who arrived from China in a country that was only seen in books and movies. I am no longer the young woman who had great faith placed in her to be the designer and caretaker of a large company's network.

Not all has been taken. I remain the adopted daughter of Mother and Father Bing. They are second only to my birth mother and father. I am blessed they are fond of each other. Both of my mothers continue their chats even in my absence. I remain Aunt Mei Mei to twelve nieces and nephews. I am tearfully happy when I receive cards and emails from them telling me I am missed and they love me. I remain sisters with my greatest friend. I can not imagine life without her in it.

Things have been added. I am married to a US Navy Lieutenant. I am tremendously proud of him. Even though his chosen career takes him from me often, I would have him do no other thing. What is more noble than for someone to sacrifice portions of their life that another may enjoy all of theirs unmolested? He is a husband many women dream of. He is attentive to me. He cares for me in amazing ways. With him I feel as I am his reason for being. I have striven to make him feel as he is the reason I exist.

I am soon to be a mother. I have longed for the moment. I am excited to hold my son. I have not enjoyed all events leading to this but I would not give up any part of it. Well, maybe the new stretch marks. But just those! And the heart burn. But that is all! Since Little One is to be born soon, Lt may feel he has lost his place in my heart. I have been told of this feeling and have determined Lt will not believe such a thing. I will show him much attention and have time with the three of us together. We have had a discussion of this so we know what to expect.

I am a student again. I have begun studies to receive my DCS degree. So far it has occupied time when I did not wish it to. It is difficult to concentrate when all you wish to do is sleep or throw up. Part of being a student is being a teacher. There are times I am required to lecture in place of the professor. At the beginning I suspected it was only for the professor to take time away. Now I know this is not so since I have a lecture  schedule (though I suspect there will be extra times). I remain teaching violin. I have many talented students. Some children, some teens, and even a few adults.

I also have the Navy. It is a change from what I have always know. No longer is it only me to think of. There are others of the command that need support. There are sailors that are here alone. A box of fresh cookies or muffins work well for their morale. The FRG tends to over look single sailors. They are part of the family also so I do not see why they should be neglected. I have decided to attempt to correct this.

I am a mix of many things. Each is unique but none can be removed. It is like soup. Many ingredients but only one soup.

2 comments:

  1. I love the reason behind your blog name. So original and creative!

    ReplyDelete