I have been considering changing the name of my small place in the blogosphere.
I thought the name appropriate in the beginning. It was a description of my new life in America. It was unique and, I thought, catchy. I was a new immigrant from China suddenly immersed in the American language and culture. It spoke perfectly of the duality of my life then.
Now I wonder if it is accurate to describe what is my life. Yes, I remain of Chinese origins. Yes, there remain differences to become accustomed to. But I am more than what I was. I am now a wife. Not a wife only but a Navy wife. I am soon to have a son to care for. I am a student and a teacher. I have many other things in my life that now influence who and what I am.
Should I choose another name, I suppose the only question is what it should be.
Let your subconscious mind work on it for a while. I am sure something pithy will occur to you eventually.
ReplyDeleteChinese Soup? As you are now a mixture of things :D
ReplyDeleteThank you for your suggestion Kat! I have settled for a new name. "All about Soup." I need only find/make a new style for the blog.
ReplyDelete