Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Hmmm

I am a jumble of thoughts. None of importance. They are those thoughts that stay with you until you order them and put them away.

One thought is of the attention paid to other, bigger, ships. For an instance, USS George Washington, a carrier, has sailed for sea trials. It is all the news to be heard apparently. I do not wish to take any thing from them. Sea trials are difficult work. We hear of each successful test. Pictures flood the news sources.

Lt's ship recently finished sea trials. There was a small mention of it. The ship also became flight deck certified. Again, a small mention.

Jealousy. It is not a good thing. I know this is what I am feeling. I also know, given the mission of Lt's ship, it is natural that little is said. What is stranger still is I am not jealous for myself as much as I am jealous for the crew. They have worked hard. They deserve as much recognition as the crews of larger, "more important" ships.

Petty... I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment