I have been reading another military spouse's blog and she was tagged to answer questions. I have answered them myself. Some of the questions cause one to think and prepare. That may not have been intentional but they caused me to do so.
Here they are:
1. How long have you been a military wife?
Six months!
2. What branch of service is your husband?
USN
3. Active/Reserve?
Active Duty
4. What is his job?
I don't know what he does. I prefer not to know. I will not accidentally reveal anything important not knowing.
5. How many deployments have you gone through?
None. But the ship will become operational soon enough.
6. Camo or Dress uniforms on your man?
Dress Whites. He is so handsome wearing them. *sigh*
7. What do you like about being a military wife?
I do not know. Perhaps after being one for more time I will know.
8. Do you live on base?
No. I prefer my house off base.
9. What is your favorite base so far?
We are at our first base. Unless you count his last base as a coastie.
10. What is the hardest part of the military life?
I must always be aware of my behavior and the effect on Lt’s career.
11. Do you go to the grocery store or Commissary?
Commissary. The local markets are interesting but too expensive for normal shopping.
12. Do you work or stay at home?
I volunteer. I desire employment also but work is scarce.
13. Do you have a lot of military wife friends?
I have none. I have two I have recently met and we get along well but there has not been time to become friends yet.
14. Do you prefer Walmart or the BX/PX/NEX/MCX?
There is only the NEX!
15. How did your husband propose?
At the CG Stations annual ball.
I believed it was to be just a ball. It seems the Captain knew of Lt’s plans since at the first dance only Lt and I were on the dance floor. Before the music began, He went to his knee and proposed to me… in my native language (of which he did not speak a word before)!
16. Did you marry him after he joined or before?
He proposed as a Coastie, we married as Navy.
17. How long have you been together?
Started dating spring of 2005
18. Any kids?
Not yet
19. Any kids yet to come?
Sometime in the future.
20. Is your husband one of those "I am Marine hear me OORAH" kind of guys?
He is proud of his service and ship. But he does not flaunt it.
21. Have you ever done combatives with your husband?
I have attempted to teach him Wushu but he prefers another style
22. How many bases have you lived at?
Only one.
23. If you could change one thing about the military?
I prefer to be me rather than a “Dependant” who is only her husband’s SSN
24. Do you like military balls?
I enjoy them very much.
25. Where does your family live?
His family -OR/WA My family – OR/Xi’An China
26. What do you do for a job?
Formerly; Network Tech, Network Admin - Present: teach violin
27. Have you ever gotten in a fight with an NCO's wife?
No. I have had one notable disagreement with a female Petty Officer.
28. Name one thing you do when your husband is gone.
He has not been gone yet but I will most likely find something on base to occupy my time.
29. Do you think other wives do that too?
It is likely. Perhaps we will meet and discover activities together!
Question 28 was one question that stood out for me. I have not thought of it until now. Of course I will continue teaching violin classes but that is only two hours of the week. What will I do? I believe now is the time to discover that.
Question 25 was awkward to answer. The US Navy is protective of its secrets. It is obvious that other countries wish to know them. One of those countries would be China. I am of Chinese origin. I am the only one of my natural family that does not live in China. I believe you can see the conclusions to be reached since the only trustworthy background to be seen is that which began at my immigration to the US. It is this reason I have decided to omit many details and refrain from posting identifying pictures.
Is it to much? It is very likely I over react. Perhaps at a later time I will change my thoughts of it. But for the now I would rather give not much than too much.
Question 24, and my answer, for a reason made known to me today, causes Lt to laugh uncontrollably. Why do men always seem to find sexual innuendo everywhere?
#24, Because they think about, or want sex all the time! So, everything is seen through that filter!LOL Men just do that, and American men worst of all!! I like this questionnaire. Some unusual questions. I agree that less information is probably best. I am sure you will find wonderful ways to pass the time while he is deployed. Many wives could use help with childcare or errands or just company while the husbands are away. Perhaps you will make friends and help some of the wives in this way. Or teach Chinese cooking as well as violin. There are many possibilities.. I am always full of ideas!!!LOL
ReplyDelete