The last days have been spent touring Japan with Heather. Lt has been able to accompany us as his work permits. The ship nearing readiness means it is not often. Our pictures have attempts at quality but quantity has been the rule for Heather.
A shopping trip to the Ginza was completed without emptying the bank account. It is helpful to have a budget when you shop there as it is very easy to find things you must have.
There are so many people in the district! One could easily trip and be trampled by so many!
An interesting thing I noticed is most ads, especially one with females, use Caucasian models. Children's ads rarely use a Japanese baby. I have been told of a modeling agency that hires only Caucasian models and it does quite well.
I wonder at this. Is it they are unhappy with their appearance? Even their cartoon characters have rounded eyes. Only the "villain" tends to be asian. I find the Japanese to be quite attractive as a whole. There must be another reason for it.
It is easy to shop here at any hour. There are many stores and shops to see. I will advise if you are going to shop the Ginza, plan for two or more days and bring comfortable shoes. I would even suggest you go walking often before you go to accustom your feet and legs to the work.
I believe the only thing that outnumbers the stores are the lights. There are so many and they are so bright a camera flash is rarely needed! There is a place that shelters you from the rain but the ceiling is covered with LEDs and displays ads. It is an impressive display of technology.
I believe Times Square looks much like this only not as large an area is covered by it. It is no wonder to me that we can see Tokyo lights from our house on clear nights. It is almost as if it burns.
Even our hotel was brightly lit. Since it is so bright outside we chose an interior room. The lower cost was an encouragement also! ;)
There are also many restaurants to enjoy! It is good for this to be since you need energy to shop the Ginza! What to eat next is the only questions of food!
In case you were curious... Yuki is doing well!
There is to be a meeting next week for the ship's families. It is to inform us of what to expect as the ship goes to operational status. Lt has already told me much but there may be something he does not know. It will also be good to attend to show unity of the ship's family.
The day of his departure draws closer. I do not look to it with much happiness.





Nice photos. And Yuki is a cute little fur ball.
ReplyDeleteTimes Square in NYC is not as bright as that. Nice photos.
ReplyDeleteLovely cat by the way.
i was just there in Tokyo! we might have passed each other by on the street. gawd it was expensive in Japan. i was just glad we had enough money to feed ourselves.
ReplyDelete