I find myself laughing at... me. How pompous and self important I have become.
I look to my blog and see few have visited and I ask myself why others do not read what I write. At one time I had a faithful group of readers. Have they lost interest in me? Have I become boring?
I question some of the things I have written of. I admit it seems as my life right now is a tale. Much has happened that is usually only dreamed of. I have married a man that is from a story book (if you listen to my version of him. His will differ). He has showered me with many wonderful gifts. His proposal was as a fairy tale. Our wedding was ornate. To know of my married life so far you need only read an action/adventure/romance novel.
My life as a whole has been very blessed. I am well educated. My career at a young age was what many older than I dream of. I am a source of envy to my sister-in-law because I own a house and I was a manager when my brother was not (to fully understand this you must be Chinese in your thinking ;) ).
It is an interesting life. Why would anyone not read of it?
I believe I know of the reason. I have been unfaithful to the tending of this blog. I know eventually people will tire of visiting when there is a span of time with no updates. I have attempted to correct this recently but it will take time to bring them back. It took time for them to visit regularly before.
Also, I tend to forget that, much as was my reason for neglecting my blog, people have lives that must be lived. Personal life does not wait for our preferences and we become occupied with those things that demand our attention to live.
As I have recently discovered, my friend Aafrica has been traveling. She is beginning a new position. That will demand much of her time.
My friend Zeri has had his life to live. Admittedly, I did not have to await his return to blog land as others did since we email. Still, I am pleased he has resumed his writing. I have missed his writings and his comment to my posts.
Haphazard Kat, my "Hello Kitty" expert, well... at least uber fan, does not post as she once did. She has offered me good advice at times I needed it most. I miss reading of her, Lord V, and Mini-Warrior. I have read of Mini-Warrior's exploits so often I begin feel as a neglected aunt who receives no news of her nephew. I also miss her photographs. She is an accomplished photographer. I believe she could earn her living with her talent.
Then, there is my oracle JeanKFL. I have been blessed by her wisdom often. It was she who reassured me in my times of doubt of me. When she was not calming my fears, she made me smile. She has not visited in some time. I choose to believe she is busy living.
I have not heard from Intensely for a very long time. It should not surprise me as I have not visited her blog. In my defense I have changed emails and her blog is by subscription so I am unable to access her blog. I do miss reading of her. I assume she also is busy living her life. She is, after all, a new doctor.
I find myself needing to remind me I am not so important that others will stop their life to read of mine. Also, I write this for me and for any one who cares to read it. I have always believed that in some small way, what I write could help someone else. Perhaps in the ramblings about my life there is a source of help or encouragement, if not by my writing then by the writing of my wise friends. But If no one cares to read it, it remains written for me.
I will write. As I settle to a routine what I write may bore some. With upcoming under ways I may write more... it may become more boring. Who can tell until the day arrives.
Yuki meows "Hello!"
Well, first, let me say happy Year of the Dragon!
ReplyDeleteAnd second? ;)
ReplyDeleteNext, let me say thanks for your kind words.
ReplyDeleteAlso, as I'm sure it is with others, I enjoy keeping up with your writings whether I visit or not; it's a great convenience to subscribe to a feed and read about your adventures in, say, Google Reader.
Be as boring as you like. I'm always fond of it anyway.
Finally, I'm spamming you in order to make up for my lack of comments in the past. :-)
ReplyDeleteLOL Spam as you wish!
ReplyDeleteI am laughing at Zeri.. I agree with him, I frequently read, either on a reader or just quickly, and don't always take time to comment, rude as that is. I am sorry.. I do enjoy reading of your life, and am pleased you like my comments. I cannot wait to hear more of Yuki, and how you like deployment..
ReplyDeleteIt has nothing to do with ego, you should not regret expecting friends to comment... unfortunately, we are not always good! And, you are right on all the other reasons.. our lives, your life, etc..lol Many things can come between our reading and commenting. But, we will be back, always..
hugs.
oh not to worry. we all have deal the daily minor details which we call life. this is just for fun. i've always enjoyed your fairy tale life. i'm sure it will continue?
ReplyDeleteby the way, hope you had a great chinese new year in japan! how do the japanese celebrate?
ReplyDeleteAafrica... The Japanese celebrate new year much as Chinese do with some small differences. Other than different names, you would find little difference.
ReplyDeleteOh I am only about 9 months behind in commenting! See, your blog is so important that I am going back through your older entries to play catch up after my long hiatus! My friend, you are adorable. I enjoy following the happenings of your charmed life, and you make me laugh. As for my blog.. yeah, it misses you. It also misses me. I haven't written in it for a long time and I am afraid to go back and read the non-sense I have accumulated in there over the years ;=).
ReplyDelete