Pages

Thursday, March 03, 2011

Selfish Chinese girl returns

I have neglected this blog.

New marriage has filled my time and I have refused to share it. I think perhaps it is not unheard of that I have focused my attentions to my Coastie first, then to my work. It has left little time for other things.

Now I have discovered my Coastie desires time with me that involves only my presence. Nothing physical. It was a disturbing discovery at the start. He has lost interest already? I believe teary eyes convinced him I did not understand.

It took him some time to explain to me of this desire. He said it is not a loss of interest. He only wishes time to "stop vibrating." With much explanation, I have come to understand this as "violin time" for me. It is time in which I may arrange my thoughts for the day and put them away.

I must confess my feelings of guilt for having been teary eyed. The bewilderment and panic in his eyes only caused me to tear more for having caused this because I assumed the worst rather than ask what he meant. It is wrong of me but I also confess contentment to know my tears can cause such a reaction. It is comforting to know he concerns himself with my feelings.

I insist this does not become my habit. I will question what I do not understand before allowing emotion to rule.

3 comments:

  1. It is great to see you blogging again! I've missed you and have often thought about how you and your Coastie were doing. I felt assured that all was well--but it is nice to see that all is indeed as it should be. Your love for him is endearing to see. :)
    Much continued happiness to you and Coastie.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems you and your husband are growing closer and gaining understanding about each other. That's great!

    As for your return, I second Kat's sentiment. It's a relief to be able to read your posts again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's good to see you return :)

    ReplyDelete