My telephone rings at 5pm. I am told by my new sister-in-law there is an emergency and my Coastie should and get her. "He is not here," I tell her "but if it is an emergency I will come." She accepted my offer to retrieve her. I did not think to ask of the emergency.
This is not a short drive. It is 6 hours. I have commitments for Sunday that I must attend. A 12 hour round trip drive is not the best idea for the evening but it is a family emergency.
Upon arrival at sister-in-law's house I discover the source of the emergency. It would seem that, in her world, her teenage daughter's decision to remain at her father's house for 2 or 3 days longer is an emergency.
I returned with her at 7:30am. It was a long tiring drive. She slept most of the way. I left her in the care of my Coastie. As I think of my ruined day and am only able to think it is a good thing there is an apartment in the barn. It will lessen the chance of my following my earnest desire of retribution.
I only hope she does not enter the kitchen as I prepare breakfast. There are knives and the temptation would be great.
Oh, Boy, In-laws!! You will learn, eventually, not to react to her drama, but it guarantees some tense times. Don't let her snow you, though. Let Coastie handle her. Glad you're back and blogging more!!
ReplyDeletehugs,
Jean
That was very selfless of you to go without asking for a reason. What were you thinking? :-)
ReplyDeleteHopefully you got caught up on sleep before injuring anyone.
oh man..."in-laws". Always a tricky relationship no matter how wonderful they are. Even tricker when they are not so "wonderful".
ReplyDelete