Pages

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

New Life

It has been my experience that life will always balance. 

I have lost my cat. It seems I will gain a niece or nephew. Though she/he will only be so through my involvement with her family I have been told that is what I will be. I find myself pleased with this idea. I will have someone to sing my mother's songs to at least occaisionally. This child will know me only for what they see through innocent eyes. Also, it will be practice for when there is my own child.

My work goes... The engineers are behaving with the network. Though it must be noted New Engineer has made his sugestions. I have dutifully listened, weighed the merits, and promptly deemed them impractible and unneccessary. Still, I must praise him for his efforts.

It seems being a woman remains difficult at times and especially difficult being a short chinese woman. It is difficult when addressed as if your knowledge is only adequate to do the most basic of tasks. But it is even more so when they speak to you as you are a child having difficulty with english. There have been times I thought I was moments away from them pinching my cheeks! It is true there still are times I have small difficulties in english (but I learn quickly). I do have an adequate command of the language to communicate. And I thought this was only part of comic movies and shows but do these people actually believe saying it louder will help me understand them better?

Big Boss found it necessary to speak with me in his office of the inappropriateness of snickering at a customer. It was beyond my control. Big Boss and a customer entered my office as I was on the telephone with a chinese customer. When I was finished, Big Boss made introductions of us. This man spoke to me loudly as if I could not understand him.

I recalled a movie that the character shouted into the other's ear, "Do you understand the words coming out of my mouth?" I could not stop myself. I attempted to but was unable to prevent the snicker. The customer seemed offended so Big Boss found the need to later tell me I should excercise more control. He was correct, of course, but it remains humorous to me.

My voyage to the blackberry vines was as I remembered past voyages. I was scratched and poked. At times I thought they would not release me to leave and I would have to live on the berries I could reach. Mother Bing only laughed. That only encouraged me to CAREFULLY throw berries at her. Of course, she responded in the same manner. I still wear the stains of combat. Unused ammunition was placed in bags and frozen. I am unsure if it is only to preserve them for a later battle or if there is to be more desserts. Both are enjoyable prospects.

There remains my Coastie. When I am sad he comes to comfort me. When I am happy he comes to share it with me. I am happy with him. I believe he is happy with me. He has given beautiful jewelry to me that is not a ring. I choose to believe it is to prepare me for the best piece of jewelry. ;)

You see? There are good things and bad things. Life will balance itself.

1 comment:

  1. ooo congrats on your upcoming Auntie status! The child will be very lucky to have you as their relative :)

    I find many things amusing and often find myself the only one laughing--so I understand your giggling at the loud-talking-customer *grin*

    and...

    Blackberry war!!! How fun! Except getting the stains out afterwards! lol.

    I am in the similar boat with my Lord V as you are with your Coastie. Hmm...we must consult the town matchmakers and ask advice on how to spur our men folk onto making us permanent fixtures in their lives :)

    ReplyDelete