Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Dinner

It seems I am to meet my Coastie's parents. I am told this is a favorable event toward matrimony.

I have decided the meeting will be over dinner. I will have Mother and Father Bing to be as my parents. They know of my character as well as anyone aside my mother and father.

I have selected my menu.

  • Salad of greens, apples, currants, and blue cheese
  • Pork tenderloin with wild mushroom stuffing
  • Mashed potatoes with walnut oil and walnuts
  • foccacia bread
  • pears poached in a riesling with biscotti

For wine there will be

  • the 2005 Trimbach Pinot Blanc with the salad
  • the 2005 Hahn Syrah with the main course
  • the 2006 Chateau Ste. Michelle Johannisberg Riesling with the desert

The labels are mentioned for my friend who enjoys wine and searches for vintages to fool his overconfident friend. I recommend the Trimbach Pinot Blanc for sipping.

Is it too much? I wish to give a good impression without causing them to think I try to be more than I am.

I wonder what gives me greater stress. My father's visits or the parents of my Coastie.

3 comments:

  1. It all sounds delicious, and your wine selections look like good pairings for your menu. Diverse, too: a French wine, a California wine, and a Washington wine! As enjoyable as I'm sure it will be, I don't think it's too much. You've made good and reasonable choices, not too extravagant but still very thoughtful and tasteful.

    Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are gonna cooking all that yourself? wow, very impressive. maybe your Coastie's parents will be so impressed that they will propose to you :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man!! i'm starving now!
    And no--I don't think they will think you are trying to be anything other than the generous loving person your Coastie and their son, loves. You'll do wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete