Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sustained by telephone conversations

I have spoken to my Coastie by phone. It is all I have at the moment. He is away for training again so I must make do with speaking with him as I am able.

To occupy my many free moments I work. I have worn my coveralls several times so I am able to disappear into the ceilings and walls installing cables and such things. There have been a recent increases in belief there are mice in the walls. While inside a wall, for mischief I moved to an access panel at New Engineer's feet and quietly removed it. I put a toy mouse on a stick and raised to the top of his desk. When he saw it he backed from the desk, then called maintenance to report the mouse. After he calmed and resumed work I again removed the panel but at this time I put the mouse up his pant leg. Many women would find it difficult to reach such a high pitch as he did. I am afraid I convicted myself as I could not with hold the laughter and was heard by New Engineer. He finds it difficult to discover the humor and swears vengeance.

Fat Luey the cat has taken to entertaining me. He has taken to plucking the strings of my violin. In spite of all my efforts he refuses to cease "playing" it so I can not leave it resting on the stand but must put it in the case. It disturbs Luey so I have purchased an abused violin with little remaining quality, stung it with old strings, and leave it on the stand for him to play. It must be on the stand so I must replace it when it falls.

At the least I am occupied while my Coastie is away.

2 comments:

  1. that makes two of us :( only i don't have coworks to play pranks on.

    i think a duet of you and Fat Luey must be very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sssssssssssswoops in with Hello Kitty cape flying and plinks a dark chocolate Mars bar into your basket*

    *pauses and laughssssssssss after hearing your mouse prank on coworker!!! and commends you on fat lueys music lessons*

    Happppppyyyy Halllloweeeen!

    *swooops out*

    ReplyDelete