Pages

Friday, November 02, 2007

Halloween

Again I spent the evening at Mother Bing's for Halloween. I enjoy seeing the children in their costumes and smiles on the face when they get the treats. At my house, I am far away from children. Who would escort their children on a dark rural road for only candy? It is safer to buy it.

I find most adorable the smallest children who do not fully understand what is happening. The shining eyes when they see you have given them a treat cause me to smile and I am happy for giving them a smile. Many I desired to scoop up and gives hugs as well as candy. It is difficult not to. Imagine the thoughts of the parent if one did so! I was forced to satisfy myself with giving them candy and praises for their costume.

I enjoy this celebration very much though it gives me a strong desire for my own children. It is only that I must convince myself it is not time for me. For the moment I must enjoy others' children but I remain eager for my own children.

My Coastie is to return soon. It is good. Having little time with him is not to my liking. Having even less for his trips is worse.

Speaking of time together, I begin to anticipate "the question." Or at the least the discussion of "the question." This is not to say I have decided to marry him at the moment he asks but I have decided it is worthy of consideration and discussion. And my Coastie does not seem to panic as often when I pause to see a ring that draws my attention.

He is worthy of my consideration for many reason. Most important is he respects me. He has never pressed for a thing if I did not wish it. He has been patient. That is a strong characteristic for a husband.

He has not treated me as less than I am. On the contrary, he has treated me better than I am. I have been told of some that think asian women are timid and submissive in all things (these are stupid men). My Coastie has not shown this to be his ideas.

He is career minded. This ensures a better opportunity for a stable future. This is attractive to any woman. And to marry a military officer would cause envy of many women in my family. ;)

Now it is only to begin the conversations. We will discover the answers soon enough but in honesty I am more inclined to a yes than a no.

2 comments:

  1. hmm ... do i sense someone is ready for her own baby? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good time to start discussions.. I look forward to hearing if you both come to any conclusions. Then, perhaps in time, we'll hear about you taking children trick or treating!

    ReplyDelete