Pages

Friday, January 26, 2007

Now what?

I have arrived home today to discover there is nothing to do.

In my haste to complete all for new year and Father's visit I have done everything I am able to consider. Now I am left with nothing to prepare. Even the barn has been cleaned of dust and stray stalks of straw.

I am only left with the thoughts of something left undone but unknown to my mind that it is. Cherry has called it "The deer in the headlight look." I understand that to be I stare with no expression or thought to do anything. It is disturbing for me.

I have the daily tasks that are required. I must feed Peevy and groom him. I see to Fat Luey's and Nangua's feeding and care. I find myself walking to the road to fetch mail. I could simply get it as I drive in but then I am left with more time that has no task to fill it.

A positive thought is Coastie will visit me on the weekend. He is taking me to the Winter Festival in Wallowa County. It is some distance away I am told. We will leave early Saturday and spend the day there.

Until then, I am bored.

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Maybe you can write my essay for me to kill some time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that all of my good advice was ignored. :-) You would know what to do if you imagined the deer. Get out of the way and save yourself!

    Ah, well. Enjoy your time at the festival this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can fly down here to clean my place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol--Aafrica beat me to my comment!!

    ReplyDelete