It seems returning to my work has given me time to rest. I returned to the
common tasks that draw my attention away from new year and Father's
visit. Of course I return to them when I arrive home. Still, it is good to not
think of them occaisionally.
Today, Big Boss asked me a question that caused me to think (these questions often cause me to fear the answer). His question was of what I would do if my father was not pleased with my life in America and required my return to China.
I have thought of this lightly before today. Perhaps that is because my father was in China.
It is easier to refuse his directions when there are many miles between us. Now he comes to America and the question has become more important. I do not wish to leave but I am uncertain of my determination to do so if my father should wish otherwise.
I believe Father would not require such a thing. I have land. I have position in my work. But my father has times of unpredictability. It is this I believe is the cause of my anxiety of his visit.
I do not wish to show him as a cruel person. Contrarily, he is a kind and loving man with great wisdom. He desires only best things for me. I would not exchange him for any other. Father Bing is very kind and I have great affection for him but his care for me is second to my father's. Should I leave tomorrow, Father Bing may miss me for a time but he has his family and would forget in a short time. It is unlikely he would travel to China to only visit me.
My father comes to visit only me. There is no other family here in America. There is no business to conduct here for him. This is a thing only a loving father would do.
I feel better having thought these thoughts. To be sure, I am anxious that all is prepared properly. I am only more confident my father will see I have not shamed him and I do well here.
I must thank Big Boss for his question.
我还是用中文吧
ReplyDelete没什么的
不过是你爸爸来看你而已
父女相离这么远相聚一下应该是很快乐的事情
感觉你们的感情还是挺好的
好好珍惜一下嘛
有什么好困惑的。
It's true: your father surely loves you and will see that you've got what's best for yourself already.
ReplyDeleteHi,I am here to visit you.I just try to click your web and it turned out,lol.I make it.
ReplyDeleteYour life is your life.You could express your feeling to your father.If you both could talk,many things can be solved.
At last,hoping you have a good weekend.I will visit you as often as possible^^
Your father will be proud of you.
ReplyDelete~intensely