Now I have a date to work with in my planning. November 17 I will have surgery. I requested it to be in November since I have several events happening through the rest of October that I will need my voice. Being without a voice, and being radioactive, would definitely put a damper on those events.
The order of events is supposed to help me get through this. I have surgery where they will remove my thyroid
The school has spoken of me doing remote instruction for my classes. I am not sure of it though. I have been informed the iodine treatment could cause me mild nausea to being camped over a bucket. I suppose a further discussion with the doctor at the preop appointment will be necessary.
So, there is no reason to suffer extra stress over this cancer. Some of the events surrounding it almost require it but not the cancer itself. It is not akin to having your tonsils removed but neither is it op surgery. Besides, they have already stabbed me in the throat with needles. why should I not expect they would cut it too? lol
The Chao lei and June seem to be doing well with this event. They were very concerned with it in the beginning. Chao lei wondered if I was hurting. June has tears thinking I might die. I reassured them that I was ok. I did not hurt and I would not die. Not yet anyway. Then I allowed them to come to the doctor with me and ask him questions. They seemed calm after that. I also told them they may hear things about cancer that scares them again but to always remember what the doctor told them and to ask me of it if that did not help ease their worries. June's teacher tells me that she talks to her classmates about it freely and almost as if she is proud of it.
Now if we can just get Jared home for at least some of this side journey. It is not that he can change anything of it physically. It is spiritually where he would work wonders. He already works to keep me cheerful. He jokes of the new scar I will have. "It will be only a small one among the many. How am I going to notice it?"
Life will go on. What will my fretting change? Nothing, so why fret of it? I will continue to care for my family despite some little undisciplined cells. I will treat them as I would a disagreeable person. They will be removed from my life and I will carry on happily.
I'm glad your children seem to be handling it relatively well. Fingers crossed your husband can be home.
ReplyDelete