Insomnia. That horrible event that comes regardless of your wishes to the contrary. I thought I had defeated it a couple of years ago. It would seem it has returned.
What causes it is unknown to me. Doctors have said it is stress. It is possible. But why didn't I experience it during Jared's deployment to the gulf last year? A common deployment is stressful. A deployment to the gulf during "active" times is much worse. There was no insomnia then.
One doctor said it could be due to Jared's new command. Huh? How can an event in Jared's life cause me stress? For me, his new command is different only in that he is captain. He remains Navy. He will still deploy. Nothing new. Where would new stress come from?
Another doctor suggests it is because of a new career start for me. I can understand the suggestion for this since it affects me more directly. I do not see it but can understand it. After all, it remains a teaching position but with younger students. I know my classes and my prep work for the courses is complete. What stress could I have?
I am hoping I will find this bout of insomnia short lived. Heavy doses of medicines do not help when one has children. Jun is a daredevil and cannot be ignored long. Her brother finds her antics entertaining so does nothing much to prevent her.
I suppose that until my body decides it wishes to sleep normally again, I will survive on a couple of hours of sleep and a few power naps.
No comments:
Post a Comment