Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2022

Counting Down

The countdown has begun. The Change of Command is set to happen next month. It is becoming more real each day as it gets closer. I believe I can safely say I feel as the the day got closer for me to immigrate to the United States.

I began this post as a long post, whining about the upcoming changes. Then I read it and thought, "I would not want to read all that whining." so I deleted it. Instead, I am choosing to focus on the positives. I know I can do this. My fears usually end up being unfounded anyway.

The only difference between now and next month is Jared's position. He will remain in the same Navy as before, only his job will be different. He will still leave me and the children several times per year. The Navy will still change my pans, often. I will remain in known, comfortable surroundings. It will remain the Navy.

Another upside to this is, my brother's wife is jealous. I know I should not be so pleased in this but I can not help myself. She is such a 婊子 ( I do not often speak in such a manner so I will hide behind my original language and pretend I never said it). Even mother is able to silence her boasting of every event in my brother's life with the mere mention of Jared.She is proud of her son but her boasting is said to be tiring.

I will have more time with my children. I am a new teacher at school. It is not the best choice to advance my career but my children are my first priority. The university will have to make do without me and some intern will enjoy the decorations in what was my office.

I am giddy about the prospect of getting the students so early in their academic careers. One thing I noticed at the university was how poorly many students were prepared to expand their knowledge beyond the simple. I believe "AP" means one is being made ready to deeply study their subject. Not all will be computer science majors. Some will be physics majors, science majors, etc. What matters is, their foundations should be formed now. Not after they reach university level.

The best thing is, I am home with my children for the entire summer. Well, till the end of August anyway. That give plenty of time to explore Japan more.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment