I am finished with the university. Grade packets are complete and sent to distribution. All I need do now is answer any questions about the grades. I do not pretend there will be none but I have already told student they will be limited to 15 days to ask. They will continue to have 30 days to appeal grades but anything past 15 days is not my concern.
I have also begun making preparations for my first day of the high school. I have discovered there are enough students registered for AP classes to require a teacher. The administration has decided to offer mandarin classes. All that is required is for enough students to register for it.
There has been a lull in the preparations for the change of command. I cannot say I am sad of it. It is nice to have no real duties to see to for a short time Chao lei and June have also been enjoying it. We have had warm and tolerable weather enabling them to spend much time outdoors. I hope that Jared has time soon for an outing before his duties occupy too much of his time. A hike would be a good thing for us before he assumes his ship. I fear he will have very little time after that.
I think I will have to make some adjustments for this time. It will be much different than deployments I fear. I have watched other captains and their families. Even Dorothy says when her husband is not deployed, it seems as if he is gone because his duties do not end because the ship is docked. I expected this Navy life would be different. I was only unaware of how different it would be and how often the different would change.
Oh goodness, Mei. I can only imagine what a hardship it is to have one's spouse home but NOT home at the same time. Ryan's OPTEMPO here has been incredibly strenuous, as well, and we're eager to find out whether we're staying or moving on next year.
ReplyDeleteI have an idea of when we leave. The only question for me is where we go after here.
ReplyDelete