Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

It Is Almost Over

 I have paperwork to finish my time at the university. My final grades need to be completed and posted. Preparing students for new professors is more important than one would think. The academics are difficult enough without adding learning a new professor's preferences and quirks, especially in a doctorate program.

As I finish this time in my life, my emotions are mixed. I will miss certain of my students and the that I will not be present for their graduations. I will not miss certain other students. The reasons are too numerous to name all. Let us only say I prefer students that are dedicated and have parents less involved than lazy students with parents that have spoiled them and continue to do so by demanding their spawn receive better grades than are deserved.

I do not pretend to think there will not be such student/parent such as the previously mentioned spoiled students/parents. The difference will be I will not be at the disadvantage I am now. In university, I am not a powerful position nor well positioned. I have been "the new kid." At the Base school system I will remain the "new kid." I will have the advantage of it being a DoD school where serious consequences are possible for misbehaving students... and parents.

My children surprise me sometimes. This morning, my first conversations with Jun began with fussing about and her brother called her a big baby. She responded "I am not a big baby! I am a little baby!" As we walked to the car our usual morning routing, Chao lei said "My friends are easily entertained. The dumber the joke the harder they laugh." We all got into the car and I asked Jun if she were buckled and I heard Chao lei respond, "Yes. And I am not Jun." I giggled. Chao lei: "See? The dumber the joke..."

No comments:

Post a Comment