Pages

Friday, October 01, 2021

Ending Soon?

 I am hoping this deployment is almost over. The CAG has returned to the Pacific fleet at least. It is nice to read that they are in the Philippine Sea and are coming north. It does not mean they are coming home at this moment but at least they are getting closer.

I know I have been whiney this time around. I am not sure why. It is not as if deployments are something new for me.  My attitude during this deployment is out of character for me. It is not the first lengthy one. We did one of 24 weeks last year. This one is only 22 weeks so far so length of deployment is not the cause. This one, I believe, was more stressful considering the withdrawal from Afghanistan coupled with the normal tensions there. The 7th fleet leaving its AO is unusual to say the least.

I am confused that another carrier and its destroyer escort was deployed to 7th fleet's AO to cover the Pacific while our ships were gone. Why did they not deploy to the Gulf instead? There are many things of the Navy I will never understand, I believe.

In other news...

We seem to be locking down again. Several offices have reduced hours or closed altogether. The base is near 100% vaccinated. Unfortunately, we live surrounded by Japan and many of us live in the off base community. Personally, I tend to go to the base and return home with no diversions. The weakness in that plan is I socialize with my Japanese neighbors. I do my best to experience Japan and its people, if for no other reason than it enriches my children.

Jared has announced he will take leave when they return to port. I am not sure yet what we will do or if we will go somewhere. I would be happy just to spend time together and one would believe he has traveled enough. Then again, he was at work so who can say?

Now if we could only get an ETA for their return.

No comments:

Post a Comment