Sometimes, Jared’s absences seem to be a bit more than just a trip away. That is all they are but the world is crazy right now and causing the normal to seem not normal.
I have a dear friend who is a victim of COVID-19. She is recovering but it has not been an easy time for her. It did not help that she was fully vaccinated. I had another dear friend, fully vaccinated, that did not survive COVID-19. She passed so quickly. She entered the hospital on Wednesday and died Thursday. I spoke to her on Wednesday and while she sounded ill, she did not sound close to death.
What are these vaccines for? It seems they do not protect us as we have been told they will but if we wish something close to a normal life, we must submit to them. I am not as confident as I once was.
People who are trained in these things tell us what is safe, or at the least safer. It is not my field of expertise so I must defer to them.
Because of my friends, I have found myself asking if these separations from Jared are what his death would feel like eventually. I know he will return but when? What would I do if I was told he is not coming home?
I do not care for these thoughts. I wish for the Navy to bring Jared home now. Twenty weeks is enough.
Yes, I know. The Navy will do what the Navy will do but it does help me to fuss about it now and then.
I am so sorry for the loss of your friend, Mei. That's so terrible. I'm hoping your husband comes home soon and you find some semblance of normalcy soon.
ReplyDelete