Pages

Friday, August 27, 2021

You Are Kidding Me

 Bahrain. They went to Bahrain

It took me some time to discover this. Shortly after the ship departed and I had resigned myself to a fairly lengthy separation, I fully committed myself into a research project at the university. This project was to last at least six weeks. Chao lei did not enjoy this time. There was very little time for him and June. Excursions were rare beyond short walks to the NEx.

It was difficult working such a schedule. I often thought I passed myself as I was leaving each day. A positive note, I did lose those last few baby pounds though I would not recommend overworking as a healthy dietary method.

I thought by the time the project was complete, the ship would near returning. Imagine my surprise to discover this was not so. The Navy, in its infinite wisdom, sent our 7th fleet carrier task force into 5th fleet’s AO to cover the withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan.

What??? Why can’t 5th fleet do this? The navy says 5th fleet needed maintenance. Pfffftttt…

Whatever. Now it seems they sail in circles around the Persian gulf. They do not give us details mind you but little hints from Jared lead me to believe they are hot and bored.  But it is the gulf so that could change in an instant.

Their return does not seem imminent.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I'm so sorry, Mei. I feel your frustration, and it's totally warranted!

    ReplyDelete