Have you had those times when everything is just bleh?
That is me for the past few days. My violin sits neglected. The children are not neglected but I am unable to compel myself to participate in their games with such enthusiasm as they are accustomed to. Projects lie unfinished. In truth, the laundry needs attention. I have had these days before. It will pass soon.
We have news of moving. We will not be required to relocate. Jared is changing ships. In what capacity he will serve is yet to be announced. He is XO now. Will he remain an XO or is this his first command? We know he is on "the short list" for command. His current captain speaks of his first command opportunity. All of the required command training and requirements are complete. There are three ships approaching a change of command. Since sea duty command tours are 24 months (usually) it narrows the list considerably. Given these things we know, Jared could expect a reassignment sometime in late summer. It is funny how if he should get command, his current four year tour will be half over leaving enough time to complete a command tour. Hmm.
Closer to normal. I am now able to have guests. Truth be told, I could have had them before since I live off base but now I can go on base with them. Almost all of Japan is now deemed "Normal Risk" meaning we are now able to move about more freely with only a few prohibitions like bars and pachinko parlors. Bars? no mind to go to bars. Pachinko? I miss pachinko. The parlors are bright, cheery and fun. They are also usually crowded. The Japanese are so fond of pachinko, it would take more than some silly pandemic to get them closed down for any length of time.
Bleh days need to go away. I do not care for them. Nobody cares for them. Allow Pachinko again! That would improve my mood.
I am so sorry you've been feeling so "bleh" but I can completely relate to those days! I'm so happy to hear you are at a normal risk now and can move about more freely AND that you won't be required to move. I hope Pachinko can come back soon! XO
ReplyDeleteI've had a week very much like this, too, Mei! I think it's normal! But I also think better days are coming! I'm hoping you have plenty of adventures ahead to brighten your days!
ReplyDelete