Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

We Are Getting Closer

 Today is my day. It is a day to do as I wish. 

Jared is home and has received today free of work.  He has claimed today as his day with June to enjoy father/ daughter time. What will they do is unknown to me. 

A step closer to normal for us is Chao lei returns to in person education today. No more staying home with remote learning! It is a good thing since he was becoming uninterested in his school work. I will take him to school this morning then be free for the afternoon. 

I am not sure to relax for this yet.  It is the Navy, after all. It is notorious for change. One small event could change it all. 

What will I do with my day? I have no idea. To be sure, a lengthy walk around the base is inevitable. That is bit so boring as it may sound. There are many lovely places in base. One may sit and watch the harbor activities. They are not strictly military ships moving about the harbor. There are several parks. As I have said before, the Japanese are fond of parks. That fondness has been carried onto the base. 

If all else proves lacking, I can go shopping on the Blue Road. There are many shops to visit. Who knows, perhaps I will finally visit the kimono shop and see if there is one to suit me.

Excepting the mask and distancing mandates, it is almost as if, at least in the immediate area around the base, we are nearly normal. 

Now, it is time to deliver Chao lei to school, wish Jared good day and kiss June and begin my solo day. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are getting the chance to enjoy a solo day! I hope Chao lei has a wonderful time back to in-person classes. Here in Hawaii, I think kids are slowly transitioning back to in-person school....and I'm pretty sure every parent is rejoicing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you have a chance for a day all to yourself, Mei! You deserve it! Our public schools are still remote here through December, but we made the choice to enroll Spencer in private school for face-to-face learning. I'm grateful we had the opportunity for that! I also hope that Jared has a beautiful day with June!

    ReplyDelete