Funny how one pays a professional to make photos and the favorite is one taken by a non-professional.
Jared made this picture as I was retrieving June to feed her. He took it without my knowledge, edited it and framed it. Now it is my favorite and I wonder of paying for others. To be fair, the woman we hired did not have unfettered access to June and I. Jared does. The laws of chance were on his side. That he converted it to black and white makes it more intimate I believe.Now the greatest difficulty is choosing which photos of the professional will grace our walls and table tops. I wonder if I can convince her to convert one or two of her photos to black and white? Would that be akin to asking an artist to repaint a painting to suit me? Then again, why bother? Jared seems to have some talent to take photos. I should put him to work recording his children growing up.
Our days have been pleasant with only some clouds. We decided a hike was in order so we went to Kawakubo Park. The hike can be as long as you wish but it is very popular so one must choose to ignore the sometimes crowd. As a reward though, at the end of the hike is a wonderful noodle shop where one may order a bowl of hot broth with udon. I am VERY fond of udon noodles.
Jared returned home with pockets full of Chao lei's sticks, leaves and pebbles that were discovered and deemed as absolutely essential to his well being. Jared considered that Chao lei would soon forget what was picked up but he quickly discovered a young boy does not pick up things and forgets what it was and why it was important enough to be picked up. When we returned to the car, Chao lei asked for very specific items he had picked up only to discover his father no longer had them. Jared sheepishly explained that he "had a hole in his pocket and they fell out." Now I believe he understands why I usually have a pocket full of "trash" when Chao lei and I return from a walk. I let him decide what to keep. Hopefully, his father has learned to do that also.
Rumors increase. Every captain is getting fired and every non-captain is getting a ship. It is nonsense. I believe it is more likely some captains are up for rotation. It is a natural event. One does not captain a ship permanently. They may not leave the theater but they do not remain in place aboard one ship. I will admit that I hope Jared is selected to a ship. He has finished command school and met all requirements. We will see though. I am proud of him in whatever way he serves but an evil part of me wishes for him to command a ship soon. It would quiet an overly loud sister-in-law bragging of my brother's new position. I suppose I must be the adult though and keep the evil part of me under control.
I think Saturday we will go to Taura Plum Park. I am told it is a good hike and there is an obstacle course for children at the top. It is supposed to be a sunny day.
That photo of you and June is BEAUTIFUL, Mei! I hope you frame that one for your nightstand. Sometimes the candid photos are the best ones :)
ReplyDeleteIt has already assumed its place on my nightstand.
ReplyDeleteNice photo!
ReplyDeleteHi Laoch! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteI just love this photo of you and June, Mei! What a precious memory of you both. I also love that Jared learned how important and precious those treasures discovered on hikes are! My children are always collecting rubbish and remember it all haha
ReplyDeleteI believe his guilty conscious taught him well. lol
Delete*conscience... one should not trust spell check to determine the proper word :-/
Delete