Most of the time I hate to shop. Well, buy. I enjoy walking the shops of the Blue Road but I can rarely convince myself that I need something. I never have been prone to buy just because I can. I keep my wardrobe to a minimum since there are only so many clothes I can wear. I attempt to keep my house uncluttered while tastefully decorated. Jared is often frustrated with me because I do not buy things for myself and instead deposit money to the savings.
I kept the necessary things we got for Chao lei but as time went on, he outgrew clothes, beds, bottles, and such. If this pregnancy is confirmed, we will be required to begin shopping again. A bed will be required for the new baby since we disposed of the crib years ago. Jared bought the last one and I was surprised how well he chose. I could not have done better since I only shopped the NEX. I wonder if he will be so willing to shop for another? We will require another changing table for the same reason we require a crib.
Preparing another baby room will happen again. Jared did a wonderful job job for Chao lei's room. I am confident he will do so again. He tends to agree with my "uncluttered but tasteful" design philosophy. I suppose that is due to living onboard a ship with small spaces.
Jared insists it will be a girl. All his family has a boy and a girl so he will. I only wish for a healthy baby but a girl would be nice. I love our son but I cannot dress him with ribbons and bows. I had a small taste of what that is like when a niece was born. I enjoyed it.
I believe I will wait to inform mother until the doctor confirms this baby. Since my brother (I blame his wife) is too selfish to give her another grandchild, I am the only source so she traveled often to see Chao lei until we went to Florida. She is very happy now that we have returned. Her fist visit will be soon. Perhaps that is when I will inform her.
Jared wants a girl. Chao lei prefers a brother. I want a healthy baby. Grandparents (all sets (long story)) want it now. We will see.
Cheers to a healthy baby! I, too, don't love shopping, but there was something so special about shopping for our final baby, especially because she's a girl. Will you find out the gender?
ReplyDeleteMy ob appointment is Monday. Perhaps we will discover it then. :-)
ReplyDelete