Pages

Monday, November 18, 2019

It is Confirmed

Jared returned yesterday but after my appointment. I got his message they had been at the pier for some time as I left the hospital. The timing was perfect. Since it was lunch time, I took him to the club so that I was able to inform him of his pending child. I decided to have a little fun with him rather than tell him right away. I tested his observational skills. Would he notice some differences in behavior or would I be required to tell him? 

As we sat, the waiter asked for our drink preferences. Since we (meaning he) had already decided to have steak, he ordered a glass of wine. I requested water. As anyone who knows me will say, I am fond of wine. I ensure there is always a good selection of it in my house. Whether Jared noticed this obvious detour from my routine was not immediately known as he did not mention it.

Time to order our steaks came. Jared ordered his as is his preference, rare. My preference is usually medium rare but the chef here knows how to cook steaks so it is safe for me to order medium with no danger of it finishing to well done. I do not care for a well done steak and have been known to send one back to be replaced. I had his attention when I ordered a well done steak.

I could see his mind was wrestling with something as we awaited our orders. I only sat with a small grin. After our food arrived, it only took a few moments for him to come to a conclusion. When he did his chewing stopped momentarily and he adopted a look of half panic and half excitement and asked "Ok. What is going on?" Before I could speak he "energetically" said, "You are pregnant!" I will say here that one of my favorite things about my husband is to watch him come to a conclusion, especially a conclusion he likes, then to announce his conclusion. I cannot help but to smile each time I think of it.

His announcement was followed by a kiss and an embrace before I could confirm his conclusion. Apparently, his announcement was heard by most people in the dining room and they responded with polite applause. Now came all of his questions; boy or girl (he insists it will be a girl), how far along, why did I not tell him sooner, etc.

To say he is excited would be an understatement. He is shopping already for the materials to decorate the nursery. If he paints, I hope he awaits confirmation of his idea it is a girl or at the least choose a neutral color. Our short visit to the NEX causes me to hope it is a girl. He never once ventured to the little boy's clothing. His only comments were how pretty she would be in this outfit or that. Even Chao lei is now convinced he will have a sister having listened to his father's comments.

We will see soon enough. Until then, we will concentrate on staying healthy and adjust to living pregnant, with and sometimes without Jared. Now to tell Mother.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh - that's so exciting!!! Congrats. I'm sure he was over the moon with the news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. He was absolutely giddy. Lol

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, Mei. What a cute way for your husband to find out! I'm so excited for your sweet growing family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every now and then I like to see if he is paying attention. 😄

      Delete