As the time for relocating draws closer, I find more of my things are packed away. My husband asks me why do I not allow the packers to do it when they come. Because I do not wish for things to be broken. They will not prepare my important things as I would. Also, why should they bear my ill feelings for something that is broken that, in my opinion, was not protected well enough. At the least, that would be my conclusion since whatever it was, was broken.
Our last move was completely successful with almost no damages. I cannot help but believe it was due to the attention the Japanese workers gave to my things. Damages were only incurred after arrival and American workers unpacked everything, dropping vases or dishes, hitting walls with furniture and such things. I understand that some damage is to be expected. It is not a perfect world. I only wish to minimize it as much as I am able. I have one month to do so.
Chao lei is excited for a new place but I wonder if he really understands that he will leave his current friends, most of which are not military, and must discover new friends in Japan. It is difficult for an adult to do so I wonder. So far in his life, he has been adventurous and will probably do well but a mother worries anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment