After making contacts and exploring possibilities it has been decided that I will assume a part time position at Tokyo University. I will not be a full professor since it is part time but I will teach regular classes.
Humorously, one will be English. lol Because I am returning from America, I am thought to be well qualified to teach this class. For anyone who has known me, I have spent much time struggling to learn it for myself. I hope it is to new learners that I teach else they may know more than me.
Our household goods are to be packed May 13 and picked up the next day. After that, Chao lei and I will go to Oregon before going to Japan. Who wishes to sit in an empty house for a month? Also, I am once again required to dispose of a vehicle. Unlike the previous truck, this one will be sold. If a nephew wishes it, he will be required to buy it for fair market. I will require the funds to purchase a car in Japan.
I could do most things without a car I suppose. Traveling to the university must be done by train since I do not wish to sit in hours of traffic. For those who have not been, in Japan, travel is measure by time rather than distance. If you visit and ask how far a place is, do not be surprised you are told how long it is to get there rather than how far.
No comments:
Post a Comment