
Play dates are a good thing. Mostly.
It is good until you are forced to volunteer to host the play date with several children and agree to be the lone supervisor for a time. One of our charges decided to place a crayon where crayons do not belong; in his nose.
It is unsettling to hear a little one cry and not to know the reason right away. It remains unsettling to discover that a green crayon is where it should not be because a different little one told him that boogers are green like the crayon. As a joke, he returned the booger from where they come. Unfortunately for him, the crayon broke and the children's efforts to remove it served only to push it in so that we could not retrieve it. Off to urgent care.
It is challenging to monitor 5 very energetic bchildren. That one of them was mine cannot be considered fortunate since his energy matched the other 4 children. That 2 of them were girls also was unimportant. They fed from each others energy. I would be a very wealthy woman if I could discover the method of harnessing this energy.
After 3 hours of non-stop "be careful's", "do not do that's", "do not argue's" and a constant tending of booboo's, our little joker returned with crayon successfully extracted and with a firm determination to always use crayons as intended rather than as a prop for poorly designed jokes. Mercifully, my friend Tisha decided it was time to take the her and her charges home. After clean up and goodbyes they departed.
I. Am. Exhausted. Who could know that such non-physical activity could drain your energy this much. I believe the children fed each other energy but also took mine and used it up and now that the others are gone, Chao lei is fast asleep. I have considered a nap for myself but I still have much to do.
My rest will have to wait until bedtime.
No comments:
Post a Comment