Pages

Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Long Day

This day began early. It seems Chao lei ate something that did not agree with him. I say this because I woke to him being fussy and as I entered his room I could see he had something on his pajamas. As I approached closer the smell became obvious. Poo was leaking through his pajamas. ಠ▃ಠ
My poor baby had poo all over his legs and up his back to his neck. Another mother called this an epic diaper fail. I must agree with her. And for some strange reason, suddenly Chao lei cannot leave himself alone. Ordinarily this is not so bad but when it is covered with poo it is a terrible thing. Fortunately, as I had not showered yet, I cleaned him up and we showered together. The wipes get him clean but still, all that poo? No, and a bath simply would not do.

After cleaning him thoroughly, we dressed and I prepared our breakfast. Breakfast done we departed for the daycare center. After leaving him in their capable hands I began my train challenges to arrive at the campus on time but only just.

I had the pleasure of teaching a first year class of diagrams and circuits. Today's subject was tracing routes. Everyone grasped the concepts very quickly. Except. one. I do not know why there was such difficulty. It is as simple as it can be. In this case it is follow this line from here to there. It is like the first lesson in cooking which is "This is the kitchen."Very basic. If you cannot do this, your future in computers is uncertain dismal. After two hours of instructing this one student I had to stop for a seminar requiring my attendance. I passed him to one of my brighter students. Hopefully there is no repeat of this tomorrow.

Now I am home. I have retrieved Chao lei and the ladies have sworn his diapers have been normal all day. Why then do I come home to a diaper full of soup and a son still fascinated with himself? Arg! I am tempted to keep a hose available for diaper changes. Perhaps he ate some of my Dan dan last night without my knowledge. If he did, I am impressed since Dan dan is very spicey and would bring discomfort to most adults not accustomed to it. If he did, I must ensure he does not do so again!

1 comment: