First, my life is not a bad one. I am certainly blessed with the husband I have and my son who is growing and healthy. Please do not think of this as a "poor me" post.
I am slowly discovering how to live this alone/not alone life. Sometimes, it is not so easy. Other times it is. Easter was a time when it was not easy. Not so much for Lt being away (though that is not so easy) but for somethings more simple.
For example, how does one take Easter pictures of mommy and son to send to daddy? How am I to take pictures of Chao lei as he discovers his first eggs on Easter if I am required to help him find them and place them in his basket? Plus, have you ever attempted to mind a 1 year old child and take a photo? It is not an easy thing to do!
Another thing that is not so easy to do... it is my fault of course but what do I do when son is poopy and the diaper is already opened and I reach to get a wipe only to discover it empty and a refill is across the room? ARG! Should I let him go, his hands will go to places they should not go. Should I refasten the diaper that both sides have already been pressed together, well... ew. Fortunately as this event occurred, Tammy arrived to rescue me as I was about to refasten the diaper and retrieved a new package of wipes.
What do I do when the oil light illuminates? Lt says it is usually just requiring an oil change but I am to wait for his return so he can do it. He says there is no need to waste the money to pay someone. But that light... it stares at me... taunting me. It never blinks. Perhaps I should learn to make this oil change. It would prove to the light I am not to be intimidated. I am the master. Or maybe just take it to the garage and have the change accomplished and only not say anything to Lt.
Speaking of cars, were you aware that garage mechanics snicker because you are unaware of where the window washer water goes and the fact it is called "washer fluid"? Why would I know this? Lt is usually the person who sees to these things.
I suppose more things will arise since it is sure there will be more time that Lt is away. Someone must have written a book of things I should know that I am unaware I should know. It is not at the bookstore but it must be somewhere.
BTW.... do NOT allow a one year old child to suck on a dyed blue egg unless you wish your child to have a blue face... and hands... and clothes.
Hugs. Oh. and I would totally take the car in for an oil change..
ReplyDelete