Little One decided he wished his father's attention this morning so he woke unusually early. I attempted to see to him but no, only daddy would do. Being a good father, Lt delayed readying himself for the day to see to Little One.
I enjoy watching Lt play with Little One. He does so with such care and enthusiasm. Often I am required to remind him of other required tasks or he will continue playing with no thought to them. His enjoyment is obvious to anyone who sees them together.
Lt will take Lo from me frequently. If I am not careful, I would begin feeling as many men do after the birth of a child and feel neglected. I remind myself Lt is underway often so he spends what time he can with Lo. Also, he will be away for an extended time this summer. He will miss so much.
Lt does not neglect me, mind you. My attention is given when we do things together with Lo or when Lo sleeps.
Even though this morning was unplanned, I am still thankful it happened. I have again been assured of the character of my husband. Again I have seen his family is important to him.
Something that is being planned is our soon trip home. You will know I am home when I am home (•‿•) since we do not discuss ship sailings. Lol
Choosing what to bring is not so easy as I thought. I have only so much luggage. I will be burdened with the usual infant equipment. Fortunately, the car seat and pram are designed together so I will be able to roll Lo to his seat, remove him and the seat from the pram, then stow the pram. I am only left with choosing clothing for both of us. I am sure there will be more clothes acquired for Lo while we are home so I must plan for that also. I must decide how many diapers and wipes are required. Too many uses valuable space. Too few I may find myself in dire straights.
I do seek some direction from mothers/fathers who have traveled with babies. How were you able to help baby with ear problems or what did you do to prevent it? Are there seats I could request to minimize ant impact on other passengers? I do not wish for Little One to be someone's airline horror story. I do not anticipate problems.
Lo is healthy but who knows what could happen from now till then?
Regarding baby's ear problems, my doctor always advised giving baby a bottle. The sucking of the bottle equalizes the ear pressure. It always worked for us.
ReplyDelete