When do you start
decorating for Christmas?
I begin following Thanksgiving. It is when Mother Bing
always began hers so it seems it has become my habit as well.
Christmas attire,
casual or dressy?
Lt and I prefer casual but that is not to say slovenly. We
are neat and presentable all day. Lt even shaves (this is mostly because I will
not kiss a cactus when possible).
Best gift you ever
received?
How does one place a gift as best? But if I were to say
which is most precious it would be a gift received from a three year old adopted
niece. It was my first Christmas in America. I was with the Bing family feeling
very awkward as I was an unexpected. My best friend in life practically dragged
me there. As gifts were opened it was
obvious to Emma I did not have gifts. With no
urging she quietly hid herself where she re-wrapped (as best a four year
old can) her brand new princess tiara set which, as her mother told me, she had
pleaded for. When she returned she approached me and said she did not wish me
to have no gift so she was giving me one.
I dearly love all of the Bing family. Emma is special above
them all. She sacrificed her best so that I would not be sad. We played
princess for hours.
Worst gift you ever
received?
I am unable to determine a worst gift. All gifts I have been
given were given with affection. Some may not be useful outside showing me they
at the least fond of me.
Snow, love or hate?
I love to go see it. I love to go play in it. I do not wish
to live in it. I do not wish to work in it.
Favorite Christmas
song? Least favorite?
My favorite song and rendition…O Holy Night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjsTx0RLrLM
Least Favorite is perhaps not a Christmas song but it is
only performed at Christmas time: Santa Baby.
Best Christmas movie?
Worst?
It’s a Wonderful Life is my favorite. The worst? Jingle All the Way
Christmas tree, real
or fake?
Is it fake if someone brings a tree to your home and
decorates it for you?
Do you have a
favorite ornament?
So far, it is our ornament from last year, our first
Christmas together.
Family traditions?
Lt and I have none yet. This is only our second Christmas
together. The only things I have repeated for my few past Christmases was being
at Mother Bing’s house and doing what they did.
The easiest and
hardest people to buy gifts for?
Mother is easiest to buy for. I know her tastes. My brother
is the most difficult. Not because he is difficult but his wife. I must
purchase things for him based upon what she thinks appropriate or I am spoken of
as a thoughtless sister. ( I would buy him a new wife if it were possible)
Do you open presents
Christmas Eve or Christmas?
Last year we opened a gift at Christmas Eve. The remainder
was opened Christmas morning. The largest gift was Lt bringing my friend from
America to visit. She arrived that morning. (I wonder of his repeating that
gift this year lol)
Clear or colored
lights?
There are clear lights on my tree this year. I had colored
lights last year. I believe I prefer the clear lights.
Travel or stay home?
I will remain home. Possibly alone. Who knows when the navy
will bring them home?
Themed or homey
decorations?
Adjective: (of a place or surroundings) pleasantly
comfortable and cozy. I believe I prefer this. I do not wish for people that
visit me to be afraid of touching or moving about.
You are invited to complete this list too and link up at Jane's Blog
You are invited to complete this list too and link up at Jane's Blog
I love your answers! That ornament is so sweet. I totally spaced on getting an our first Christmas ornament when e got married, would it be weird to get one now and backdate it? I laughed at your sister in law comment. My brother recently broke up with the girl we were all so sure he was going to marry. And, I am so glad! Or I would have needed to buy him a new wife too! And, I agree, Santa Baby, just awful.
ReplyDeleteIt's a Wonderful Life is a great movie: very heartwarming.
ReplyDeleteI love your blog! I found you on the blog hop and am your newest follower. I was kinda, maybe, sorta hopin' you would pop on by and follow me back!
ReplyDeletexoxo-
Sarah
www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com