Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

This Trip

I am again in Walla Walla this week. I am determined to take many pictures unlike past visits. Another friend of mine has inspired me to show the beauty of this place.

It is more than wineries. It is also breweries! Should you visit it is worth the trip to Laht Neppur Brewing Co. in Waitsburg. There is also the Mill Creek Brew Pub. If you fly to Walla Walla there is the Walla Walla Brewers at the airport.

I still prefer the wineries. I only mention the breweries for friends that enjoy other than wine. ;)

Mother prepares to return home with Jiao. She says it is too long to be away from Father and Jiao must return for school. I am not sad for it. In honesty, it is a relief. I wish to have my house for me again. Mother forgets I am grown so she makes my house as hers. For a short time it is easy to allow it. That short time has passed and I now must always remind myself she is my mother and loves me. It is enough to say my smiles do not come easily as before.

For my Coastie, we will decide a date soon. It will be spring of course. Mother would not tolerate any other time well. We are considering a park in Newport for the ceremony. I think it may confuse the local people some. It is not often you see a wedding party dressed in red in America.

I will take many pictures of my travels this time so you may see what I do. Forgive me if I find the harvest machinery fascinating.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Pictures! The stalking of your blog begins in 10...9...8...7

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, those breweries look good. I'll have to keep an eye out for their beers so I can try them out. Or maybe I'll make another visit to Walla Walla -- it is nearly time for the wine crush!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes we need to pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree.. PICTURES!!! I can't wait! The dress is so beautiful, I can't wait to see you in it! I know it will all be lovely. I know what you mean about your mother taking over. Mine is the same way.. I just smile and remember that someday I won't have her here to take over things.. That usually helps me keep my tongue.LOL
    hugs,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete