Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Recovery continues

I was cleaning my kitchen today. I was ambitious and moved the refrigerator away from the wall.

I discovered Fat Luey's favorite mouse toy.

I have not finished mourning his death as well as I had thought. Nangua thought to comfort me but it was not successful. Perhaps it was the sudden discovery that affected me so. I do not know.

I miss him now as I did then.

4 comments:

  1. this post hurt-
    I understand so well...
    peace to your heart...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, my friend.

    The lesson in this is not to be ambitious when cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand your pain. I still miss my Magic... she loved those little mouse toys, also. It was the suddeness of the find that shook you so, but you will find that it will hurt to find things for a while longer. We get so attached to our animals, don't we? Let Nangua try to comfort you, and one day, it will help. Keep being ambitious, so you can work it through as you should!
    hugs,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. While visiting Lord Vs family at their cabin this weekend, Lord V's nephew showed me pictures he had taken of our Guido with his Christmas gift-camera.
    It was bitter sweet.
    I miss my fat cat.
    I.Feel.Your.Pain.

    ReplyDelete