Pages

Friday, June 05, 2009

My dress

I have found my seamstress! The work has begun to assemble my wedding dress. Mother has insisted it begin now. I believe she thinks to urge my Coastie and me to set a date that pleases her. She asks him often enough that I believe he begins to avoid visits to my house. I can't blame him. If I did not live here I believe I would avoid here too.

Jiao is soon to arrive. Mother and I will fetch her Sunday night and she will remain until school begins or Mother returns to China whichever occurs first. Perhaps Jiao will deflect a little of Mother's attentions from me since she is the younger of us. If my mother remains consistent, I have no doubt she will begin to search a husband for her. "If Mei is able to find a husband, so should you be!"

Believe it or not, I do love her.

3 comments:

  1. Mothers!! *smile* It's kind of nice to know they're the same all over the world. Sounds just like my mother! *shaking my head* Gotta love 'em! Enjoy it.. she'll never get to treat you quite the same way after you have your own family.. and you'll miss it, sometimes..
    hugs,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must post a picture of your dress when its finished! I can imagine how beautiful it will be :)
    and yes, hopefully the arrival of your little sister will give you some Mom respite!!

    ReplyDelete