My time has not been my own. It seems everyone wants time. So much so it seems there is none left for me.
My work is full days of problems. Most caused by unknowing users attempting to correct a thing that they have done. I am clueless why otherwise intelligent men find it difficult to ask one trained for things to make good the repairs. It is not as if they are expected to know
such things. I am not expected to have their knowledge. Why is it they
believe they must posses mine?
I have been told it is because I am a woman that they act so. Why should this make a difference? Is a woman to be trusted less? Is she incapable of performing her tasks simply because she is female? This is silly thinking. I am well trained. I am more capable than they.
For the computers, I have more power than they. ;) There have been those I have prevented from making changes. It is my thought since they will only call after they have disabled their computer, I will save myself troubles in not allowing them to make changes or install portable memory without my prior permissions. I believe I will train them away from their silly thinking.
My coastie has been busy also. It seems many fishermen have been entering the ocean with less boat than is necessary and have faced difficulties requiring assistance from the rescue boat. There was a scare for me in this. It seems my Coastie fell of the boat while assisting another. I think it would have been better not being told of this. After all, he did return home. He said he did not want me to hear or see it in the newspaper. ( My Coastie has added me to the station newspaper mail list)
Another thing my Coastie has done raises my anticipation. He has given me the "New Spouse Handbook" from the Coast Guard. He says it is so I know what spouses face to better help me understand those I have met. Since receiving it, I have been unable to calm my thinking. He has not spoken falsely to me before so I should accept his word. Yes? If I should accept it then I am wasting time looking at wedding magazines (which remain carefully hidden when not being read).
Am I not too old to be acting this way? Surely people will believe me up to something with my steady grins. Perhaps they are correct to think so. I find myself in such spirits that lead me to be mischievious. I must only take care not to become too bold or I
may have my own pranks visited upon me.
Jiao wishes to visit again. I do not object but Father is the one that requires convincing. After all, it is not like riding a train to Wuhan to see the cousins. She vows to assist in the paying of the fare. I have no reason to think she is incapable. She is an industrious girl.
It would be good for her to visit. What if I need someone to squeel with and show shiny things too?
The spouse handbook meant to help you understand those that you meet??? AHAHAHA!! Sounds like Coastie is up to something something.... You should definitely be reading your wedding magazines girlfriend!
ReplyDeleteAnd what was this line about showing shiny things??? What could you possible be talking about :-) ??
You're never too old to be acting this way!
ReplyDeleteP.S. - This is your old friend, formerly known as a foolish guy.
That was very bold of him, to tell such a story.. it is almost certainly false! I hope we get to see a picture of some kind of shiny object soon!!lol
ReplyDeletehugs,
Jeankfl
you are leaving this Great Team called "single women"? aww ... :D
ReplyDeleteThe Spouse handbook, hmm? Me thinks it's a clue, Dear Watson! :)
ReplyDeleteAs to your work in the male dominated field--I feel your pain. I deal with it daily, also.