Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Afternoon Travels




I have been spending a large amount of time traveling out to the areas I enjoy. The sun seems to compel me to do this. These are places I have not seen since the last summer because they are covered in snow and impassable in winter.





These places are quiet and peaceful. When one sits quietly for enough time, all types of animals soon appear. Some simply move through. Others can hold your attention for some time watching their activities.



Mostly, I believe, it is the reminding of my home in China. Many of the scenes cause me to recall similar places that I once enjoyed.

I have always found myself drawn to these places. I tend to avoid the equally beautiful places that have more visitors. I can stay in town and hear people and cars. In my vists here, I wish to hear only the wind, water, and animals. It is calming to see the fish quietly swim past in search of the next morsel worth eating. It is thrilling to see the hawk crash to the water and snare the fish.

It has been said by the nieces and nephews that I lack excitement. Perhaps this is so. But these things I enjoy and they relax me.

Things will become more interesting soon enough. Jiao will arrive in 4 weeks to stay with me during the summer. I believe I will see enough excitement then. She will wish to see and do everything possible. There will be enough to satisfy her I think. There will be fairs and shows to attend. There will be many firsts for her; rodeos, horse shows, county fairs. And then there will be the activities the nieces have planned.

I may need to send Jiao home early so she is able to rest before returning to school. (As if she would agree to such a thought :D )

5 comments:

  1. My apologies. I was unaware comments were disabled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful place. where is it? it looks like sceneries along the Long River.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both places are here in Oregon. The first is called Thomas Creek. The second is Big Cliff reservoir.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful scenery! This is one of the best things about living out away from towns. You see so much more than people in towns get to! Which truck did you pick?
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like quiet places but that doesn't mean i lost excitement.I am very excited when I am working like a vivid monkey.When I need relax,I am like a quiet cat.
    Great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete