Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Days going past

I seem to be very busy. Summer comes and I must prepare for it. I will attend two shows with Cherry but Peevy will attend four. Two he will be loaned to students with no horse of their own to show.

Jiao will arrive in one week! It seems she has been able to keep to her work at school and at home and to behave. The last often seems a great challenge for her. I have prepared her room and purchased what is necessary for her immediate needs. All else will be taken care of after she arrives. Wish me good fortune!

I have settles on my truck and completed the purchase. I decided for the Chevrolet. Considering all things the final point to its favor was it was prettier. It matches my trailer better also.

My Coastie took me to Bend last week end. We visited the Newberry Crater National Monument. We went into lava caves. They were very cold! It is shocking to walk from 92 degrees into 40 degrees! It was very dark also. Shading the lamp caused it to be so dark as to not be able to see anything!

Then we visited the lava flow. It is amazing to see where the lava once flowed! There are trails that wander inside the flow that allow you to see how the flow changes from place to place. You may also go to the top of the cinder cone.

I recommend this visit to anyone. It does not require an interest in volcanos to make it an enjoyable visit.

5 comments:

  1. Wow..sounds like a wonderful day trip! I cannot believe Jiao will arrive this week.. I hope you and she have a wonderful time this summer, and can bond well as sisters. Good job on picking one of the trucks.. Looks very nice. You will be very busy this summer! Good luck!
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go with the truck! ... but i still have a hard time picturing you driving it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Jiao will arrive today. Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey i tagged you :D but you can't read my blog since you are not on my allow list 'cuz i didn't have your email. mine is SantaFeBlue@gmail.com

    have fun with your sister.

    ReplyDelete