Pages

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Trucks and Kites


I have spent my week searching for a suitable truck. I have found two that I prefer.




The first is a Ford. It is large enough to do what work I require of it. It has the towing equipment installed already. This will save me some time. It is red. It has a step so it is easy to get inside. It would take some time for me to become accustomed to it since it is large. It uses diesel fuel. That would cause me to drive farther to fill the fuel tank. I am told diesel is more powerful so this may be a benefit.

The second truck is a Chevrolet. It too is large and red. A step bar makes entry easy. It uses gasoline. That makes it more convenient to put fuel in. It is without the towing table. It is only slightly easier for me to see from it. Driving it is similar to the Ford.


The cost is less than the Ford but I will need to install the table and wires for towing which almost makes them equal in cost. I think I will need to see them again before I am able to decide.


It is funny to see the faces of the men that wish to sell the trucks. I do not think they were prepared to see a small Chinese woman considering their truck. I was asked of my husband and when he will come to see them. They were not so fast to speak after I said to them I have no husband and the truck is for me. Then they would attempt to speak to me as though I did not know what it was I was looking at. It seems small women are not allowed to want a truck since I was informed the truck may be too large for me and may be happier with a small car. Pffff....

To consider things I went to the beach. There was a kite festival of sorts so I stopped to see. It was very colorful. The wind was too high for me to fly my wing kite. I did not wish to be dragged to the ocean so I flew my dragon kite instead. I enjoyed myself immensely. There is nothing so relaxing as flying a kite sometimes. The only thing to make it better would have been having my Coastie with me. He was on the watch this last week end.


I was able to have dinner with him at the least. Though even that was done at his cafeteria. It was not the best but also it was not the worst.


Perhaps the weather will remain pleasant for the next week end and I will spend a sunny day on the beach with my Coastie. Or maybe I will need to enjoy more kites alone. The first is best but the second is good also.

6 comments:

  1. let's see your dragon kite!

    ... and was someone flying a Starbucks banner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get the impression that you like the Chevy more than the Ford; if so, you should go for it. My dad (West Coast Dad) drives a similar Chevy, and he seems to like it.

    And it does look really nice at the beach with all of those kites. I'd like to see yours, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I love my Ford F-150. I like Fords best, anyway..but they're both good trucks, both have good track records, usually last forever, but I understand Chevy's may have a SLIGHT advantage in usually requiring less "fix it" work as they get older...but I really think it just depends on the truck. So, I guess, decide if you want diesel or gasoline..there are advantages to both. Get Coastie to go with you to look at them, just to shut the guys up..
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all kinds of kites flying in the sky.
    I think it must be intresting to fly a dragon kite,perhaps not easy^^
    have a marvelous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You latest entry has comments disabled, so I'm writing one here instead.

    Just wanted to say that the lack of excitement that you're said to have sounds wonderfully enjoyable to me, too. Get as much of it while you can, especially since I imagine it'll be rare once your sister arrives.

    ReplyDelete