Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Caution

I thoroughly enjoy good wine. Good wine is not always expensive wine. I know very good wines that cost little.

A thing of wine that must be remembered is it will surprise you at the worst of times.

As I sat home Sunday night I played a short time. Between pieces I sipped a very good wine called Allee Bleu Isabeau. It has a wonderful taste of citrus, butterscotch, and peaches. It is easy to drink. After some time I became unsatisfied with my play and put away my violin. I decided to play a Michael Buble cd. I am known to be absent from myself when I play this music and there are tendancies to dancing with a phantom partner.

It would seem my phantom partner this night found it necessary to keep my glass full as we danced. The end of the dance came abruptly when I stumbled to the wall and found it difficult to remain standing. So I sat, reserving another dance for a different day.

I awoke with the sun in my eyes and 1 hour to arrive at my work. It is a 20 minute drive. One hour is difficult to accomplish. One hour with muscles and bones resisting my commands to move make it no easier. Before I began the agony of driving, I looked to the bottle I left on the counter the night before. It was empty.

I tell you this for a warning. A good wine is a pleasure to be sought often. As with all pleasures, one must be careful to mind their indulgence of it for it will extract a price from those who disregard its subdued power.

I must go brush my tongue now. I seemed to have missed some fur from this morning.

10 comments:

  1. This is tooo funny!

    When I did ballroom, I would blame my partner for all of my mishaps. So I think that perhaps it is time for you to find a new phantom partner.

    ... Michale Buble... ugghhhh...I hate to admit it... but I listen to him too ...

    As for the wine... well let's just leave that one alone :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you must be the most adorable drunk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, an entire bottle of chardonnay! You're a pro. Either that, or your phantom partner is very influential. I think I'd like to meet this phantom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so funny! I'd have loved to be a fly on the wall!lol I love Michael Buble..but, next time, make sure your phantom partner drinks half the wine!
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stumbling into oblivion sounds good right now.
    *makes note* pick up a bottle of Mei Lian's oblivion tonic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,my friend,how are you?
    I seldom drink wine but my colleague like it.I heared that two bottles are enough for one day.However,I'd like to try some,lol.
    Take care^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is just great! You are so funny. I know the feeling well. Although I don't know much about wine, I know what I like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL Aafrica. I was just wondering that myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The wine sounds yummy. Glad you enjoyed it and lived to tell the tale:)

    Thanks for linking up with us at Flashback Friday!

    ReplyDelete