Pages

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Results

I have done well and Father is proud. This does not mean I have no places for improvement according to him.

It seems my fences are not of the proper type. He feels I should have rail fences rather than wire. No suggestions of where I am to find the funds to replace over 5000 feet of wire fence with rails.

I have not even a single red door. Aesthetics are not a consideration for him only there isn't one.

I should change my roof to tile since it lasts much longer. The roof is new. I will not be replacing it soon.

I should put a feed trough for the cows (though I have none of my own). I explained they are not mine so there is no reason to provide one. If I should buy cows I will do so but not until then.

The visit was good. I do not wish to imply it was not. Father was being himself. Much of his time was spent speaking with me as we followed Mother about. That is not to say he was timid of leading us to a place he wished to visit it means only Mother desired to see more than he.

It caused me surprise when he did not immediately say no for Jiao's return in summer. She was prepared to plead very much for it to be allowed. Perhaps Father understood that was her intent and did not say no only to avoid the pleading. We will see.

Mother was eager to see as much as possibl. She was pleased with my house. She says she will tell my brother of it when she returns home. I confess there is a small amount of evil glee at the thought of her doing so. I was beginning to believe she would crawl into my walls! Her exploring of the house left no place undiscovered. She found a niche that I was unaware of. It was under a pantry shelf. I thought the thickness was only the support board and did not investigate it. It contained only old linings and dust.

Mother's shopping trips resulted in many packages to mail to China. Some have been sent already and will greet them. Others I will send shortly. I am forbidden to send them before Father sends the money necessary for postage. She will have clothes and shoes that are unavailable to her friends. It will cause her to be envied by them. She also purchased gifts for many so she is not thinking only of her status.

Mother and I spent long hours speaking of my house and what could be done. There were many ideas discssed that will be done in time. We went shopping at furniture stores and I was given her opinions of what I will need. She has a refined sense of decorating and more money than me. Some of her ideas will take many years of saving money to accomplish. :\

Jiao was seen very little. It was often heard of Father and Mother of their desire she spend more time with us. She spent most of her time with the nieces seeing those things teenagers wish to see and do. We had her only when the nieces were in school. At 3pm, she was gone with them. During the week end I wondered if I had a sister still.

I fear there is little left for them to see during another visit. The travel was often enough and far enough for me to begin to resist the idea of getting into my car again. I had thought my bottom would become one with the seat and I would vibrate forever.

Now, I am returned to eating my own cooking. It seems odd that I am not going somewhere. And I find myself remaining awake to hear Jiao return from her time with the nieces until I remember she has gone home.

As father said goodbye and embraced me he said, "You have done well. I am proud of you." I found it difficult to release him.

The meeting of Coastie and Father is for another time. ;)

7 comments:

  1. Did you miss your own cooking?

    Visiting with family for an extended period of time can often be like work. It's exhausting after a while, but it does help to expect it to be so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! Sounds like a good visit. We told you your Father would be proud of you. I hope Jiao gets to come back for the summer. I am very happy for you that all was interesting and shopping was good for your Mother. Now you can take a few deep breaths and get back to your routine. I am somewhat surprised your Father didn't want to meet Coastie. Do they have plans to come back at any specific time? Or will you take him over there...I'm very pleased for you!
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your Fathers words to you with tears in my eyes. What a wonderful gift. Something you so longed and worked for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. loofa... I am accustomed to my own cooking. Perhaps that is why I visit restaurants often. So it does not become a distasteful thought to prepare my own meal.

    jeankfl... It was an enjoyable visit though with some stress.

    Perhaps Father will see Jiao's return as an education opportunity and agree to her return. I will know in a short time since visas must be aquired in time.

    Father and my Coastie did have their meeting. I meant to say it is a story to be told at another time. I must speak with Coastie to discover subjects discussed between them. ;)

    haphazardkat... It was difficult to allow him to leave. I wish only that he would have said it sooner so that I was able to embrace him longer. I felt as a small child basking in the pride of her father knowing there is nothing better to have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. are you planning to go home soon?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Told ya! I knew your dad would be pleased.

    Now I am eagerly waiting to hear about Dad & Coastie's meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,Koala,How are you?
    From your article I see Fatherly love is deep.Father don't express their feeling easily to children,esp to daughter.
    May you have a sweet weekend in USA^^

    ReplyDelete