Pages

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Looking back to my year

I have thought of the year gone by. I know there is yet a small time before it is ended but I will write of it now.

There have been many events that are worthy to mention. The first is Peevy. I have not regretted buying him. There have been many enjoyable hours upon his back. To be sure, retrieving that wayward horse at 3 am on occaision was not enjoyed but I must look on the whole time rather than those few moments.

Taking Peevy to the horse shows was great fun for me. He gained a ribbon that I have now hung at his stall. I wish for all to see he is a good horse. In summer I will show him myself and we will attempt more ribbons. Cherry has been teaching me that which I need to know.

I have changed my work this year. I became uninspired by my work at Intel. I sought change but not with real intentions. I visited several companies for reviewing their positions and made application to them. I did not do so with seriousness. I asked for many things I thought unreasonable. It was fear that caused me to do so I think. Intel was stable for me. To take a different path includes risk. Also, my father was not pleased with my thoughts. He insisted I must keep loyal to Intel. In the end of things, it was well for me to leave as my position no longer exists since they have reduced the work force. How silly would Father's insisting seem after they did not show loyalty to me?

Think of my surprise when one company agreed to my requests. I asked for such silly things as a labeled parking space, 15% increase of my former salary, and other equally unreasonable things. I remain surprised of the agreement. Also, I enjoy this new position very much. I am again challenged. Rather than waking at morning and grudgingly preparing, I again find myself leaping from my bed with eagerness to face the day. I may speak of a network that is of my hands rather than seeking the mind of another's creation.

A simple thing I have done for my own amusement regarding the network, I have left "easter eggs" in the wiring for future network technicians to discover. One is an obscure wire to a plate that serves nothing. There is only a message attatched to the plate congratulating the finder and rewarding them with a small chinese coin.

I aquired a house this year. It was long before I thought I would be able. With honesty, if Cherry did not sell it to me it would not have happened. That is because she has become my banker. After a year I am to finance the house again so that it will make my credit better. I have 18 acres, a 3 bedroom house, and a small stable. I am happy for having it.

Not all things have been good. My Dora was lost to me as I traveled to horse shows. I feel the loss still but as with all such things it eases each day. There is still Fat Luey who follows me everywhere. He needed a playmate since moving to our home so I brought a kitten that I have named Nangua. His color is like a pumpkin. It fits him.

My violin was recently lost through accident. It was quickly replaced and I learn the new one. It will not replace my old violin. How do you replace a lost friend? I see it as discovering a new friend. We have much time to learn of each other.

I have a horse but have lost my kitten. I have a new home but have lost my violin. Life is such a task master. When it gives, it requires a thing in return. Gain has met loss but I am thinking I am fortunate to have the balance.

I look to have the same in this next year. We will see what life requires of me.

7 comments:

  1. Amazing what you've been able to accomplish & physically acquire so early in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 塞翁失马,媄蓮失猫。

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell you feel very fortunate for the experiences of this year. It's been an exciting and eventful year for you.

    By the way, those "easter eggs" are funny. Maybe you should leave fortunes along with the coins. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intensely... I have been fortunate indeed. The pessmist in me wonders of the catastrophy coming to me.

    Aafrica... I saw boxes. :( A problem has come in my language pack and I can not view Chinese. I only did not wish you to think I did not look to your comment. I must bring my disk from work Monday to reinstall and will view it then.

    Loofa... I have wondered in the past of what a cable did that seemed to do nothing and found nothing but the end of the cable and aggitation. I sought to give them cause to smile. Fortunes? I had not considered that yet it was an obvious thing to do. Perhaps I will find occasion to leave another "easter egg."

    ReplyDelete
  5. i said: Sai(4) Wong(1) shi(1) ma(3), Mei(3) Lian(2) shi(1) mao(1)

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing year you've had! I'd love to see a picture of your 18 acres and barn. It sounds wonderful :)
    Congrats on the job--incredible! I have a friend who tells me often,"put your wishes out there for the Universe to hear and they will happen"...after reading your year...I must make a list and do so.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aafrica... Blessing will arrive often hidden. Sometimes, it only takes longer to see it.

    Haphazardkat... I will include pictures in a post soon. Fortune has been kind to me. I only hope it as kind this next year.

    ReplyDelete