Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2025

Good Moods

 

I find myself in one of my happy moods again. Michael Bublè is playing often. I know Chao lei is happy for school since he is not trapped in dancing with his mother. He is not as fond of it as he once was. Jared, when he is home, still enjoys dancing with me, but I am without a partner when he is gone.


Since I am in such a dancing mood, I have decided to participate in Spanish dance classes conducted by one of my neighbors. She is a professional dancer. I hope to be reasonably well trained in Spanish dancing by the time Jared returns. I am learning both with and without castanets. It requires more energy than it seems. I thought to add this style of dance to my own traditional dances. It does not hurt to add a foreign culture's styles to one's own I think.


My dress should arrive before Jared returns so that I may have it fitted properly and practice dancing while wearing it. I think doing proper hem flips and swings will be more difficult than in the practice skirt since it is not as heavy.


Su Zan is easy to have at my lessons. It seems she is fond of the musicif I am to believe all of her kicks and coos. Perhaps that means at least one of three children will be musical. Will I have a student to teach violin to?


It has been some time since I posted a “What the Heck?”but that does not mean my children ceased to say the most surprising things. For instance:


Chao lei: Dad! I am growing a mustache!

Jun: So is Mom.


As if there was a competition I was unaware of,

Chao lei: But she got rid of it with wax yesterday.


Jun's issues with the days of the week continue. I admit, it is hard to argue with her sometimes:

Jun: Why are weekends only two days when they could be five?


And Chao lei gave us this gem while assembling his telescope while his sister attempted to offer advice.


Chao lei: Excuse me! I know exactly what I am doing... sort of... mostly!


It is reassuring to know that despite our upheavals and interruptions in our lives, I can still experience the humor that is found in my children.


Perhaps it is that the holidays are over. Well... except for Chinese New Year but there are no celebrations in our area that I have discovered so ours will be minimal. Perhaps it is the bright sunshine we are experiencing. In any case, I will enjoy this happy mood while I am able.

3 comments:

  1. I love that you're collecting traditional dances. Great souvenirs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids are so funny! I love that you're learning some of the traditional dances! Does Jared know, or will you surprise him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is to be a surprise. :-)

      Delete