Pages

Monday, September 23, 2024

Week 37

Almost there!

It is week 37 and I am ready for this to be over. Not that it has been a terrible ordeal. Su Zan has been an uneventful pregnancy when compared to her brother and sister. The only significant negative event was the low potassium.

Now I wrestle with insomnia. Getting comfortable is difficult. Especially with Jared not being home. Why has no one invented a tummy bed yet? They have face beds for massages. There should be tummy beds for pregnant women.

Jared will be home sometime this week. We will receive the details of the ship’s arrival tomorrow. We have our “Welcome Home” posters ready, and the weather is supposed to be comfortable this week. It seems Su is to be the favored one and her father will be present for her birthday, providing she waits a few more days at least.

I will say this school is very accommodating for the children when it involves a ship returning. The children are not penalized for missing school that day, not that I would prevent them from welcoming their father home in any case. At Yokosuka, they were marked as having missed a day adding to the absence tally.

The timing is excellent. I will have Jared at home to help me after the birth for a few days then he will return to his normal schedule to depart again as the Navy sees fit. But I will have him for a couple of weeks at the least. The children will have their father for a time. We will be together again.

It is going to be a good few weeks.

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you and your whole family! Prayers for a delivery that is just as uneventful as the pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so close! I'm very excited for you, and I'm glad Jared will be home for the baby's birth! Cheers to big adventures ahead!

    ReplyDelete