It is day one of my 68 day weekend, otherwise known as summer break. Now what? It is a jumbled collection of thoughts and plans that are coursing through my mind on what to do now. Even the children are unsure of what to do at the moment.
I am supposing it will be a day or two before I adjust to nothing to do. Making plans will be easier then I am thinking. One plan I have though of is taking the children to see their grandparents in Xi'An. We have the appropriate passports (blue, not brown). Once we leave Japan, the opportunity to do this will be greatly diminished. Airfare from the US would be a serious consideration. I am only concerned of the current political climate.
The rest of the summer will be parks and hikes. Possibly even climb Mt Fuji. Obviously not with the children. That much of a hike they could not do. But if Jared is home (not counting on it), it is possible. I will begin planning in earnest this weekend. I need time o let my brain stop jangling and accustom itself to calmness.
No comments:
Post a Comment